Want to hear all of your favorite Broadway show music of the 2018 Tony Award season, all in one place? Then you’re in luck, because Broadway Records just announced that it will be releasing a compilation album bringing together the standout hits of the year. Each musical from the 2017-2018 season — including all of the the 2018 Tony nominated musicals — have been invited to contribute a featured song to this work, which is the 2nd Annual seasonal compilation. Plus, there will be additional tribute tracks that time in with the Special Tony honors being awarded at this year’s June 10 show.
“We are thrilled to continue our collaboration with the Tony Awards in this second edition. We believe the compilation album is the perfect way for the fans to experience a taste of all of the incredible new musicals and revivals Broadway has unveiled this season,” Van Dean, the President of Broadway Records, shared in a press release.
Check out the complete track listing below:
- Angels in America Highlights (from Angels in America)
- Mama Will Provide (from Once On This Island)
- (Just a) Simple Sponge (from SpongeBob SquarePants: The Musical)
- I Could Have Danced All Night (from My Fair Lady)
- Margaritaville (from Escape to Margaritaville)
- The Beat of Your Heart (from The Band’s Visit)
- Stop (from Mean Girls)
- Monster (from Frozen)
- She Works Hard for the Money (from Summer: The Donna Summer Musical)
- Do the Work (from Prince of Broadway)
- Children of a Lesser God Highlights (from Children of a Lesser God)
- Bonus Track: The Music of the Night (from The Phantom of the Opera – for the 30th anniversary)
- Bonus Track: Stick It to the Man (from School of Rock in honor of the Andrew Lloyd Webber Lifetime Achievement)
- Bonus Track: All That Jazz (from Chicago: A Musical Vaudeville in honor of the Chita Rivera Lifetime Achievement)
This soundtrack will be released in timing with this year’s Tony Awards, and offered digitally and in CD form through distributors like Barnes & Noble and iTunes. You can also now pre-order your own copy of the CD from BroadwayRecords.com, TonyAwards.com and Amazon. This CD’s cover art (seen above) is a specially-commissioned Tony season illustration by Justin “Squigs” Robertson, and inside booklets will include details about every show plus an essay by musical theater historian Jennifer Ashley Tepper. Even more exciting, a portion of the proceeds from sales of the album will go to the American Theatre Wing and Broadway League’s arts educations initiatives. That means keeping Broadway dreams alive for the next generation of performers!