Early last year, the 15-year-old released her debut EP Can’t Blame A Girl For Trying. After having the record on repeat for weeks, we’ve been dying for more music from the Disney starlet and the wait is almost over. Eyes Wide Open, set to be released next Tuesday, is a collection of upbeat pop songs that will be surely stuck in your heads for days.
The album takes the listener through the different scenarios, including love, best friends, dreams and life in the current moment. Eyes Wide Open shows the time, dedication, and creativity Sabrina put into the record. Did you know many of the songs were co-written by Sabrina?
CelebSecrets4U broke down Eyes Wide Open track by track.
- “Eyes Wide Open”: “Eyes Wide Open” is such a great opener and title for the album. With an original pop feel and amazing vocals by Sabrina, the track prepares us for the greatness that is about to come throughout the record. It is all about living in the moment and of course keeping your “eyes wide open” along the way. We love this song and the message behind it!
- “Can’t Blame A Girl For Trying”: We all know and love this one so much! The use of the ukulele and the effortless ability to inspire listeners makes this song a feel-good anthem. “Can’t Blame A Girl For Trying” can be described as a cute song about a love story that tells girls who make mistakes to keep trying.
- “The Middle of Starting Over”: This is one of our favorite songs off Eyes Wide Open. “The Middle of Starting Over” has a folk meets pop sound with an inspirational message — girl power. “The Middle of Starting Over” is already on our playlist!
- “We’ll Be The Stars”: This is the newest single off Eyes Wide Open. We love the positive and pop vibe and want to sing it at the top of our lungs every time we hear it. We also love the message behind this song of endless possibilities and we can never dream too big. The sky is the limit.
- “Two Young Hearts”: This song reminds us of a Taylor Swift 1989 love story song about a couple wanting to be together. LOVE!
- “Your Love’s Like”: This is another one of our favorites! We love the fact that “Your Love’s Like” was written by Sabrina. We are able to step inside her world and feel what she is feeling. After listening to this track, we relate to having that one person in our lives that is our escape from the crazy world around us.
- “Too Young”: Written by Sabrina, “Too Young” shows her true feelings about being told she is “too young to fall in love.”
- “Seamless”: Seamless is a cute, fun, pop song about best friends! This song gives us a Meghan Trainor feel with the use of ukulele.
- “Right Now”: This is another song we will be singing in our rooms at the top of our lungs! It has a pop feel and its all about letting go of yesterday and focusing on the present. We love this song and the message!
- “Darlin I’m A Mess”: This is an upbeat Meghan Trainor like pop song that we absolutely love and the fans will love too! P.S. Meghan co-wrote the track!!
- “White Flag”: White Flag is a folk meets pop sound. It’s another upbeat song that’s perfect for the summer and showcases her vocals, all while maintaining the energy that Sabrina brings to all her songs.
- “Best Thing I Got”: This is a feel-good upbeat song that you can’t help but smile when listening to, no matter what your mood is. It gives us a Bridgit Mendler type of feel in this song and is such a great closer song to this amazing album!
Eyes Wide Open will be released next Tuesday, April 14th. To preorder the album, click here.