Nickelodeon rocks Memorial Day with the premiere of the brand-new original TV movie, Rags, on Monday, May 28, at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT). Set against a New York City backdrop, this music-infused contemporary twist on the classic Cinderella tale stars Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP, Akeelah and the Bee) as international pop princess, Kadee Worth and Max Schneider (How to Rock) as an orphan and aspiring singer, Charlie Prince. Beginning May 22, the Rags Soundtrack, featuring nine songs from the movie and three bonus songs, will be available via all digital service providers. Rags is executive produced by Nick Cannon, directed by Bille Woodruff (Honey, Beauty Shop), with original music written and produced by Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins (American Idol, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé). Palmer also serves as producer.
Rags follows the story of Charlie Prince, an orphan living in New York City with his acerbic and unloving stepfather and spoiled, simple-minded stepbrothers Andrew and Lloyd (House of Anubis’Burkely Duffield). Charlie’s dream is to be a singer, and while he is vocally talented and can write music, he can’t seem to catch a break. Kadee Worth, on the other hand, is the daughter of music mogul Reginald Worth (Isaiah Mustafa) and is an international pop phenomenon. While the world knows her as a glamorous superstar, she is secretly frustrated with singing other people’s songs and wearing clothes other people choose for her. Kadee wants the world to hear and see her true talent. Despite every obstacle that gets thrown in their way, once Charlie and Kadee find one another, they each finally get what they have been looking for – a voice, a stage, an audience and each other. The movie also stars Drake Bell (Drake and Josh) as Shawn, a sound engineer helping to further Charlie’s singing career and Avan Jogia (Victorious) as Finn, a celebrity who is in an arranged relationship with Kadee for publicity.
The Rags Soundtrack will be available via all digital service providers on Tuesday, May 22. The soundtrack showcases nine original songs performed by the cast of Rags including “Me and You Against the World,”“Perfect Harmony” and “Not That Different At All.” Fans can also enjoy three exclusive bonus songs; the never-before-heard “Things Aren’t Always What They Seem,” and alternate versions of “Someday” and “Stand Out” (see below for track listing).
The full track listing for the Rags Soundtrack is as follows:
- “Me And You Against The World”- Rags Cast featuring Keke Palmer & Max Schneider
- “Someday “(Film Version) – Rags Cast featuring Max Schneider
- “Love You And Hate You”- Rags Cast featuring Keke Palmer
- “Nothing Gets Better”- Rags Cast featuring Max Schneider
- “Stand Out” (Film Version) – Rags Cast featuring Keke Palmer
- “Hands Up”- Rags Cast featuring Max Schneider
- “Perfect Harmony” – Rags Cast featuring Keke Palmer & Max Schneider
- “Look At Me Now”- Rags Cast featuring Keke Palmer
- “Not That Different At All” – Rags featuring Keke Palmer & Max Schneider
10. “Stand Out” (Album Version) – Rags Cast featuring Keke Palmer
11. “Things Aren’t Always What They Seem” – Rags Cast featuring Keke Palmer & Max Schneider
12. “Someday” (Album Version) – Rags Cast featuring Max Schneider
Catch Rags on Nickelodeon Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8PM. Photos below.