Coldplay‘s A Head Full of Dreams Tour set a new attendance record at Mexico City’s Foro Sol venue on April 17, 2016 with an attendance of 67,451.
The band’s previous appearances at the venue on April 15th and 16th set attendance records for consecutive nights culminating in Sunday’s record breaking show.
The shows capped off a remarkable Latin American tour for Coldplay where the group sold out 10 stadiums and performed to more than half a million fans, beating attendance records at Foro Sol previously held by Pearl Jam and Los Fabulosos Cadillacs in November 2015.
The full list of Coldplay’s Latin America tour dates and attendance is as follows:
COLDPLAY / Latin America 2016
- 48,167 – March 31st in Buenos Aires, Argentina – Estadio Único de La Plata
- 48,902 – April 1st in Buenos Aires, Argentina – Estadio Único de La Plata
- 60,787 – April 3rd in Santiago, Chile – Estadio Nacional
- 43,720 – April 5th in Lima, Perú – Estadio Nacional
- 46,563 – April 7th in São Paulo, Brazil – Allianz Parque
- 59,669 – April 10th in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Maracanã
- 41,376 – April 13th in Bogotá, Colombia – Estadio El Campín
- 62,404 – April 15th in Mexico City, Mexico – Foro Sol
- 65,337 – April 16th in Mexico City, Mexico – Foro Sol
- 67,451 – April 17th in Mexico City, Mexico – Foro Sol
A Head Full of Dreams is Coldplay’s seventh album and the follow-up to 2014’s GRAMMY®-nominated Ghost Stories.
Since its December 2015 release, A Head Full of Dreams has reached number one on iTunes in more than 90 countries and sold over three million copies. It has also helped Coldplay to their current position as Spotify’s most-streamed band in the world.
Photo by Maddie Meyer/Getty Images