NBCUniversal and One Direction today announced an unprecedented and expansive cross-platform partnership for the global launch of the band’s upcoming studio album, FOUR.
One Direction superstars Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson will “take over” NBCUniversal in an exclusive partnership spanning multiple brands and platforms across NBCUniversal’s vast portfolio in support of the launch of the band’s fourth studio album. The partnership kicked off on Monday, September 8 on TODAY with the exclusive announcement of the album’s worldwide launch date of Monday, November 17, and a week-long “1D Fan Face-Off” contest culminating in the announcement of the band’s album launch performance on TODAY from Universal Orlando Resort.
The collaboration includes a variety of special events including:
- A live performance from One Direction on the TODAY show and Un Nuevo Dia Monday, November 17 originating from Universal Orlando Resort’s CityWalk (no theme park admission required).
- A “1D” holiday special to air December 23, 8-9pm ET on NBC called “ONE DIRECTION: THE TV SPECIAL” – the band’s first-ever U.S. network special.
- Competitions around the world for fans to win a grand prize of VIP tickets to the performance airing on TODAY and Un Nuevo Dia, and the second special performance by the band at the Universal Studios Florida Music Plaza stage, on Tuesday, November 18 (private performance – not open to the general public). Tickets available at http://smarturl.it/1DSpecialBundle
- In celebration of the new album, fans visiting Universal Orlando Resort on November 17 and 18 will experience a specially-themed “Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit” roller coaster featuring music from 1D and a special 1D version of the ”Universal Cinematic Spectacular” nighttime show.
- Guests inside Universal Studios can join the social media action at the One Direction in Orlando Fan Zone on Park Avenue.
- Guests staying at Universal Orlando’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort will have an opportunity to attend an exclusive album listening pool party on November 16, 7-8pm ET to hear the album before it is released, and will also have the unique opportunity to sign up for specially recorded wake-up calls from the members of One Direction.