For those who can’t make it to Much HQ in Toronto to see Taylor Swift, PSY, Demi Lovato, Ed Sheeran, Armin van Buuren, Avril Lavigne and more at the 2013 MUCHMUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, MuchMusic.com gives viewers an all-access pass to exclusive backstage videos, photos, interviews, as well as live streaming, and online only backstage cameras. Featuring a mega-star line up (see full list below), the 2013 MUCHMUSIC VIDEO AWARDS air live Sunday, June 16 at 9 p.m. ET on MuchMusic and Fuse. The 2013 MMVA Red Carpet Special airs immediately beforehandat 8 p.m. ET.
“As the most followed Canadian media property (@MuchMusic), and leaders in the digital space, every year we strive to give our dedicated fans the most exciting online experience, said Neil Staite, Vice-President and General Manager, Music and Entertainment, Bell Media. “With behind-the-scenes footage, exclusive web-only interviews, and backstage correspondents, this year’s online experience continues to break boundaries, and deliver music fans the most exciting MMVAs content ever.”
Here’s how MuchMusic.com has the MMVA’s covered:
Your Fave Voting
The only way to vote for this much coveted, fan-driven award is by becoming a MuchCloser member. As Much’s social loyalty rewards program, MuchCloser gives members exclusive access to nominee related videos, blogs, and of course, access to vote for their faves! Fans can pick the winner in each Your Fave category by going to mmva.muchmusic.com/vote/.
For the second year in a row, MuchMusic and BlackBerry® host celebrities backstage in the exclusive BlackBerry Lounge. Viewers can follow all the behind-the-scenes action during a two-hour, live, online stream on MuchMusic.com. Much VJs Liz Trinnear and T-RexXx host the digital experience where viewers at home submit their questions for their favourite stars.
For the first year ever, MuchMusic and Procter & Gamble® are bringing viewers behind the curtain with additional cameras, and content. Catch alternate angles, and live streams of the MMVAs RED CARPET SPECIAL at 8 p.m. ET and the 2013 MMVAs at 9 p.m. ET.
Exclusive Interviews and Photos
Fans can also get the scoop on their favourite celebs including Avril Lavigne and Demi Lovato with all-new,MuchMusic.com exclusive interviews, and hundreds of photos on everything from the stage build, to the tear down.
Previously announced appearances are:
- International hit-maker Armin van Buuren featuring Trevor Guthrie
- Much favourites Down With Webster
- Six-time MMVA nominees Marianas Trench
- Canadian pop sensation, Avril Lavigne
- East coast hip-hop artist, Classified
- Mega pop-star, Demi Lovato
- British singer-songwriter, Ed Sheeran
- AMERICAN IDOL winner, Phillip Phillips
- MMVA co-host and first time nominee, PSY
- Canadian artist and first time nominee, Serena Ryder
- Teenage singing sensation, Austin Mahone
- Canadian rockers, Billy Talent
- Pitch Perfect actress, Brittany Snow
- Platinum-selling artist, Danny Fernandes
- Public disturbance pranksters, The Janoskians
- REVENGE actor, Josh Bowman
- THE BIG BANG THEORY actor, Kunal Nayyar
- PRETTY LITTLE LIARS stars Lucy Hale and Shay Mitchell
- DEGRASSI heartthrob, Luke Bilyk
- Dance-artist and nominee, Mia Martina
- GLEE star, Naya Rivera
- Singer-songwriter, Nikki Williams
- Mega-star Taylor Swift
- TEEN WOLF’s Tyler Hoechlin
- SUITS’ Patrick J. Adams
- Pop, R&B singer Shawn Desman
- ARROW heartthrob, Stephen Amell
- Aussie teen heartthrob, Cody Simpson
Fans can follow the countdown to the big show on muchmusic.com or on Twitter @MuchMusic. Go tommva.muchmusic.com/contests to enter to win MMVA trips and experiences from hanging out on the red carpet, to the ultimate VIP MMVA weekend.
For the fourth year in a row, the MMVAs are simulcast live in the U.S. on Fuse, the national music television network of The Madison Square Garden Company. Additionally, MusiquePlus will air the show, Monday, July 1 at 5:30 p.m. ET.
Official sponsors of the 2013 MMVAs include: BlackBerry®, Coca-Cola Canada Ltd., H&M, Procter & Gamble, SUBWAY® Restaurants (SUBWAY® is a registered trademark of Doctor’s Associates Inc.), Virgin Mobile Canada™, WONKA® NERDS® (WONKA® and NERDS® are registered trademarks of Societe des Produits Nestle S.A., Vevey Switzerland).