Happy Thanksgiving from CS4U!!!
We wanted to make sure that you’re not forgetting anything at all before stuffing your faces with friends and family. Here are 5 last minute tips from your favorite celebrities to you!
1. Bella Thorne’s Cupcakes:
- 2 cups diced strawberries
•1.5 cups sugar, divided
• 2tbsp. cornstarch
• 1.67 cups all-purpose flour
• .5 tsp. baking powder
• .25 tsp. baking soda
• .5 tsp. salt
• .5 cup unsalted butter
• 2 egg whites
• .25 cup plain Greek yogurt
• .75 cup milk
• 2 tsp. vanilla
- Make the strawberry filling: Put the strawberries in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 4 minutes. Add .5 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir until thick (about 2 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Make cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 12 cupcake liners in a pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a larger bowl,combine melted butter with 1 cup sugar and stir in egg whites, yogurt, milk and vanilla extract. Stir.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until there are no lumps and the batter is thick.
- Ladle batter evenly into cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To fill cupcakes: With a sharp knife cut a hole into the center of each cupcake, about 1/2-inch deep. Put 1 teaspoon of filling inside and cover with cupcake piece you removed.
- Frost with your favorite Thanksgiving theme’d icing.
2. Chrissy Teigen’s Yummy Thanksgiving Turkey:
To brine the turkey:
- One 15-pound turkey, cut into parts (ask the butcher to cut it into pieces, and to spllt the breast in half)
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon roughly cracked black pepper
- To roast the turkey and make the gravy:
- 1 ½ sticks salted butter (chef’s choice – unsalted or salted), softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds carrots, peeled, trimmed, and halved
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cups chicken broth, or more if needed
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
3. Ashley Tisdale’s Gorgeous Table Set:
4. Kris Jenner’s Delicious Mac and Cheese:
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, plus softened butter for the baking dish
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard powder
- 3 cups whole milk, heated
- 1/2 yellow onion, shredded on the large holes of a box grater
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces pasteurized processed cheese, such as Velveeta, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9 × 13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the elbow macaroni and cookaccording to the package directions until al dente. Do not overcook the macaroni as it will soften when baked. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and the dry mustard. Reduce the heat to low and let cook, but do not brown, whisking often, for 2 minutes. Whisk in the hot milk, being sure the mixture is smooth. Whisk in the shredded onion, paprika, and bay leaf and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking often. Raise the heat to medium low and simmer, whisking often, until the sauce is slightly reduced and the consistency of thick heavy cream, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Mix the Velveeta, Cheddar, goat cheese, Gruyère, mozzarella,and Parmesan together in a medium bowl. Add three quarters of the cheese mixture to the sauce. Let stand for 1 minute, then stir until the cheeses melt. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the beaten eggs and mix well. Add the macaroni and mix well. Spread in the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese mixture.5. Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the panko and stir well. Sprinkle evenly over the macaroni mixture. Bake until the sauce is bubbling around the edges and the topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
5. Justin Bieber’s Purpose on Replay!